Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The 3 Amigos



I finished this drawing of these poppies last night.  It is going
to be part of a colored pencil exhibit I am doing at the gallery.  I have
a retrospective show that includes some older pieces as well as
some brand new ones.  The show will open June 1st, and will be up all
summer.

I wanted to draw this photo of these flowers.  I am always
intrigued with shadows on white objects.  You can
do them in shades of grey, or purple, or blue.  I used
all of these as well as some browns and golds.
I used the solvent and the Icarus board to make the
background blurry and soft...out of focus.  I like the
contrast between the in focus flowers and the
soft background.  It also gives the illusion of depth,
which is always a good thing.

I will be doing a lot of work to get the show framed and up
by the first of the month.  I hope some of you will be
able to come by and view it.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: