Friday, May 28, 2010

A Day at the Zoo






One of the things on my "bucket list" was a visit
to the Bronx Zoo. I got to mark it off during my
recent trip to NYC. I took all my camera equipment
in case I got to go. It is quite hard to pack all the
lenses, etc. They probably think they are bombs
in my luggage! Anyway, I rode the subway all the
way to the Bronx, and spent the day taking photos
of the wonderful animals and birds.
The snow leopard was exquisite. There aren't very
many of these in zoos, and I was lucky he was awake
and alert. It was almost like he posed for me.
The polar bear came right up to the edge of his enclosure.
He was probably very hot..it was a warm sunny day.
I really think he was watching for the zoo keeper who
had his lunch for the day.
There must have been "peacock love" in the air...for all
the males were stutting their beautiful plumes all over the
zoo.
Stay tuned for a few more in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Girl, you got some great shots!