Saturday, November 8, 2014

LAEA Louisiana Art Educators Association-Part Two



More collages from the workshop today.  We were at Menard High School
this afternoon, and got to work in Mrs. Barbara Clover's wonderful art room.

This is the mixed media piece that I donated for the Silent Auction,
and this is the winning bidder! Congrats!

Here I am speaking to the group at the luncheon today.  I talked
about "creativity" and demonstrating it to our students.  


Had a great time at the LAEA Convention.  This is a wonderful organization;
there were art educators from all fields, and from all over the state.  It is
a joy to teach other art teachers...they catch on quickly, and are very motivated.
I enjoyed sharing with them, and I hope they all learned something they can
take back to their schools and colleges.

The Alexandria Museum of Art hosted several of the events, and they did a
lovely job as well.  It is a fine facility, and you should plan to visit
in the near future.  My exhibit of colored pencil drawings will be up
another week, and the work of New Orleans artist Michaelopoulos will be up
till November 22.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: