Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Logged On"

There is a certain feeling of satisfaction when you finally
finish a piece of artwork, especially one that you have
been working on a long time.

I started this colored pencil about a year ago. I took the
photograph at the Audubon zoo in New Orleans, where the
turtles are very tame, and won't immediately jump off the log!
I had the photograph for several years, and knew I wanted
to draw it one day.

I worked on just the turtles first, and almost finished them.
Then the drawing was put aside in order to work on more
pressing things, mainly portrait commissions, with the water
and the log, and most of the details still to be done. I have
been working on it the last few nights, and I believe it is
finished now. I will enter it in the CPSA show this year.
And I am satisfied.


"Logged On" colored pencil 22 x 30 $950.00
sheltongail@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one turned out really good!

Anonymous said...

The comment was from me--Hannah