Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sketchbook Delay

watercolor page of a sunset in Bryce


Sunrise page! painted from inside a warm car

If anyone knows what kind of bird this is...I would love
to know.  He made short, sharp calls, and bobbed a lot!
He was black, and flitted from rock to rock in the river.

An ink wash spread in the book of the Great White Throne
in Zion

The opening page in the Zion/Bryce sketchbook


I just now finished up my little sketchbook from my
recent trip to Zion and Bryce Canyon in Utah.  I
was waiting to get some of my photos back, and I
was also working on some more pressing art.  I put it
on the back burner for awhile, but decided to finish it
up last night.  I used a Moleskin watercolor sketchbook..
in the landscape format.  I really enjoyed using it.  The
paper is a good watercolor weight, and I like the
elastic band that holds it closed.  I ordered a similar
one to take with me to Peru next month.

http://www.moleskin.com/  for info on great
journals of all kinds.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Crayon Princess said...

It is probably one of those birds from the Hunger Games!

Gail H. Shelton said...

Ha! It'll be exciting to see the movie.