Thursday, August 22, 2013

Colored Pencil in Grand Cane

The Desoto Parish Arts Council building in Grand Cane, Louisiana


The main street historical buildings

Part of the gallery space inside...after the meeting

One of Don Edward's prints



I just got back from a speaking engagement at the Desoto Parish
Arts Council meeting, in Grand Cane.  They were interested in learning
more about colored pencil, and they invited me to bring 10 pieces for a
mini-show there, for the next two weeks. 
There were several people there that I know: Don Edwards, well known wildlife
artist, Ronnie and Mary Kidwell, wildlife artist and his wife from Shreveport,
and several others from the Natchitoches Art Guild, and the Animal Artists
Group in Shreveport.  It was great to see everyone, and share some info on
one of my favorite mediums.

I am also teaching a workshop for them this Saturday, from 10-3, Beginning
Colored Pencil.  It is $55 and all supplies are included.  We will begin with
some of the basic techniques, and I will demonstrate.  We will do a small
piece together, and I will also show some of the latest techniques, using
solvents, etc.  There are still 3or 4 spots left.  If you think you might be
interested, let me know asap.  You can ride with me up there Saturday. 
I would love to have a full class!

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: