Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Time to Sign




I just got back from spending a couple of days in
the little town of Boerne, Texas. I was selected
to draw their annual Christmas Festival Poster,
and I went out there to make an appearance,
and sign some posters.
Boerne is a small town about 30 miles north of
San Antonio. I grew up in San Antonio, and had
been to Boerne several times. They have really
worked hard on their historic downtown, and
today, it is a charming and wonderful place.
Those of you who follow this blog will remember
that I worked on the poster for a couple of weeks.
I spent most of Friday meeting and greeting the
merchants up and down Main Street and signing
their posters. And then Friday evening, I signed
some more in the Gazebo in the park. It was a
lot of fun, and I made a lot of contacts.
Those other photos are of Main Street, and a
little string ensemble playing along the street.
I am holding a poster, and resting my hand!
For more information, you can go to their
(My website: peapatchgallery.com has been
down for a couple of days, but the problem
has been addressed, and they assure me it
will be back in a couple of days...sorry for
the confusion. Please try it again in the
near future!!)
sheltongail@hotmail.com


No comments: