Sunday, July 6, 2008

Going coconuts....

This is the overall view of the current piece I have
been working on....some coconuts on a palm tree in
Costa Rica. It is large, 22 x 30 on watercolor paper.
I put down some watercolor washes to put in some
base color, and then I have been adding colored
pencil on top of them.

I love to have movies on while I draw. I don't always
watch every minute, but I do listen to them. "Bucket
List" is on right now, and I am enjoying it. I think
when I turned 50, I started thinking a lot about
things to do before I die, not in a morbid way, but in
a "I need to hurry this along" sort of a way. I have
been very blessed in the last year to get to mark
several things off the list. Getting this drawing done
may turn in to one of them!

sheltongail@hotmail.com
Post a Comment