Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cooking and Drawing

I think I mentioned that my cook was on vacation
this week, and I have to do some of the cooking. It
has gone really well, but I have not had a lot of time
to draw. This is all the progress I have made on this
drawing this week.

I did fix an amazing dessert today, and thought I
would share the recipe with you:

Fluffy Caramel Peanut Pie

1 roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
2 pkgs cream cheese
1 jar caramel topping
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/3 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 8 oz cool whip
1 1/4 c honey roasted peanuts

Press cookie dough into springform pan or
deep dish pie pan sprayed with Pam. Bake
16-23 minutes until golden brown. Cool
completely.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese, 2/3 cup
caramel, peanut butter, & powdered sugar
with electric mixer till smooth. Beat in vanilla
cinnamon, and nutmeg. fold in cool whip and
then 1 cup of peanuts. Refrigerate until crust
is cooled.
Spoon cream cheese mixture over crust.
Freeze at least 30 minutes.
Serve with caramel and peanuts. yum...

I increased it all by 1/2 and put it in a 9 x 12
pan, and cut it in squares. You could also use
sugar cookie dough. It is really delicious;
we sold out, and I made another one tonight!

Uncle Earls' Pea Patch Cafe
www.peapatchgallery.com

1 comment:

Suzy-Q said...

I'll have one to go please!