Monday, November 8, 2010

Tribute to a Friend


I am saddended today at the loss of a friend. She
left us way too soon, and much too quickly, just
yesterday.
I knew her for years as a fellow teacher, and she
has had a booth in my business for many years where
she sold crafts, specialty gifts, and her wonderful
photography. She was not an easy person to know;
at times, cynical and brutally honest. But she was
fiercely loyal to those she liked, and somehow, I fell
into that catagory. She made me laugh, made me think,
inspired me, and annoyed me all at the same time. Those
of you who knew her know exactly what I mean! But
she will be missed so much; by her husband and son, her
students, her church, the community, and by me. We
all admired her booth today, and shed some tears and
shared some laughs. Life is just too short. Go and smell
some roses tomorrow.
"Birdman"
Photograph by
Raelene Pell

2 comments:

sallyporsche said...

What a beautiful picture you posted. I never knew she did photography, although I knew she had an artistic soul when I knew her years ago. I am saddened at her passing ... much too soon.

Anonymous said...

Gail, thanks for sharing this perfect tribute. She was definitely not always easy to know, but it was always worth it. Even from a distance, she will be missed.
Cheryl Keen-Schilling