Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Come ye Thankful people, Come"

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was,
"thank you", that would suffice."
Eckhart
Thinking back over the recent Thanksgiving holiday,
and all my many blessings, I wanted to take just a moment
to reflect. I spent some time outdoors, and these lovely
trees border my patio. The sun was absolutely dancing
among the gold and red leaves, and the dark seed pods
were such a contrast against them. I guess life
is like that as well. There are some great times that we
spend in the light, dancing through our days without a
care. And then there are the days of contrast....when
dark situations enter the picture, and our dancing ceases.
And yet, when you view the picture all together..you
notice that it looks best when both are present.
Many of you know what Thanksgiving holds for me and my
family. It is always a bittersweet day for me. And yet
each year, I recognize that gratitude is God's saving grace
to us all. For gratitude is the only answer to all of life's
hardships...I try to find my way there....daily.
"Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity
into a lovely picture."
Kak Sri
I hope you all had a glorious day, and were able to give
God the gratitude He deserves.
may He bless,
gail

No comments: