Sunday, February 5, 2012

Final Designs

Geometric Medallion designs in
gold, red, and green




This is the watercolor border with an added
stripe border


I have been busy painting these graphic designs to
supplement some of the paintings, etc that I plan to
use on some manufactured products.  The square medallion
designs are going to be coasters and borders on notepads.
They can also be placed side by side to create a border.
While I was designing them, I kept thinking about
quilt square designs or Mexican tile designs that I
was familiar with.  It is always interesting to draw upon
visual memories that you have to use as inspiration in
your artwork.  It just takes some time to think! and sometimes
I don't allow enough time in my schedule just to ponder,
and imagine.  Sounds like another good goal!

No comments: