Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Art Camp






I get asked to do all kinds of things.  I do a lot of commissions;
I do some demonstrations; and I teach.  A few months ago, I was asked
to come and do an art camp for the kids in Olla, Louisiana....a little,
bitty town about 30 miles from where I live.  It was only 4 days,
and I love teaching watercolor, so I agreed.

We started today.  I had the older students, ages 9-15...which
in layman terms, means (the dreaded) Middle School...!
I had about 13 students, boys and girls that showed up.
Most of them have absolutely no Art is school.  They have very
little access to anything Art related...when I say rural kids,
I mean RU
RAL.  Anyway, we got started, and they seemed to really
like it.  I don't think they have any idea who is teaching them...the director
introduced me as a professional.  They had blank looks on their faces.
But I am just there to expose them to some techniques and materials,
and let them have some fun learning a little about watercolor....stay tuned.
The week should be interesting.
(I will take some better pics...I was busy today, and
couldn't take very many!)

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: