Friday, September 26, 2014

Gratitude and Light


Just some pretty light illuminating the grasses
in the front yard....Fall has such beautiful light...more golden,
more dynamic...stronger.

I get a treat in a couple of weeks of going with my photographer friend
up to Oregon to take pics around the gorge and the forests.  We may even
see some snow!  I have never been, so when she asked me, I said yes.

I have also been going through the Galapagos photos and getting some
of them enlarged on canvas.  They will be stunning...some of the landscapes
were awesome.  I am putting together a small show from the trip.  It will be all
up around the first week in November.  Our annual downtown Christmas Open House
will be the second Thursday from 5-9 pm.

I have also been selected to be the featured artist and speaker at the
LAEA (Louisiana Art Educator's Assoc) convention this fall, later
in November.  I will have an exhibit at the Alexandria Museum of Art, and
teach a workshop for the educators, on using colored pencil in the classroom.
I am very honored and grateful for this recognition. Should be a lot of fun.

Lots of busy times ahead...a lot to be thankful for, to reflect on, and to
capture in pencil, paint, and film...the life of an artist is so
amazing.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: