Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Nothing to Dread...finally

Finally finished with this drawing!  It is colored pencil, and I added some
pastel on top for some of the highlights.  This man was in the market
down in Otavalo.  He was playing the flute and the guitar at the
same time.  I liked the composition, and the lighting...the two elements
that always make a great work of art.  I like it, I guess.  I really like
that I am finished!!  On to the next project!

Yesterday I took my 16 colored pencil pieces down to Alexandria to drop
them off at the museum.  I will have a show there from Oct 13- Nov something.
It is in conjunction with the Louisiana Art Educators Association annual
convention.  I am the featured artist for the convention, and have to
teach a few workshops and give the keynote address?!  Anyway,
I have a lot to do to get ready for that.  And I leave Monday for 5 days
in Oregon...nothing like a getaway in the middle of chaos.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: