Saturday, May 3, 2008

Garden Party



I just got back from my weekend of painting
at the Les Jardin garden tour. I drove up to
Shreveport on Friday, and previewed my
garden spot, a beautiful English cottage style
garden owned by Lauren Johnston. It was
absolutely full of flowers and wonderful color.
Then I had to set up my booth at the
headquarters located at the LSUS campus.

Saturday's weather could not have been
better, after watching thunderstorm watches
and warnings thru the night. It all blew on
through, and it was a clear blue sky, 68 degrees,
and breezy. I worked at the booth in the
morning, and then spent the afternoon doing
some small watercolors at the house. I did
10 paintings and sold them all, so I have nothing
to post on here! I forgot to photograph them,
so you will have to look at me, and some of
Lauren's beautiful blossoms.

If you are interested in me painting your
garden, just get in touch, and you can send
me some photos, or perhaps I can come and
paint wherever you are...road trip!!

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: