Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"New York, New York...what a wonderful town"


Well, we are back from our trip to New York,
and our Carnegie Hall performance. We are
a day later than we had planned...we were
delayed by bad weather in Dallas on Tuesday.
But, we made it, and had a great time.

These are a couple of sketches from my
sketch book that I always do during my
travels. The top one is from Bryant Park
where I spent part of Sunday afternoon,
simply taking in the sun, and the
people enjoying the day. The second one
is just a street vendor, one of many, on
any given corner.

I will be posting some of my photographs,
and some more of the sketches in the next
couple of days.
sheltongail@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Suzy-Q said...

I love the sketches.

What is next? Are the sketches inspiration for paintings or just fun stuff??

I hope to see NYC someday

Gail H. Shelton said...

These sketches are from my sketchbook journal that I keep on trips. I do use them for more finished works, but a lot of them are just for fun recordings of what we did.
I hope you make it to NYC, too. It's a great place to visit.