Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jessica Finished

This is the finished drawing of Jessica. I have
been working on it all weekend, off and on, and
I think I have done all I can do. It is not a great
image...it is really hard to photograph the pencil
drawings without a glare. It looks better than
this in person.
Had a couple of comments lately...one from a
woman I met at a show...welcome Jo. I hope you
enjoy viewing my endeavors. And a gentleman
from Cypress...wow, an international viewer.
Welcome to you, too. Thanks so much for
checking out my work. If I can do a special
piece of artwork for either of you, just let me
know.

I have two trips coming up quickly. I go to
New York City on the 23th with our choir to
sing in Carnegie Hall with a larger choir. We
are performing Brahm's Requiem in German,
and I still have lots of practicing to do. Then
I leave with my painting group for Costa Rica
on June 7th. We will be painting, sketching,
and photographing the sights and scenes of
that beautiful country for 10 days. I will be
doing lots of work from those two trips and
posting them, so stay tuned.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Suzy-Q said...

What a cutiepie Miss Jessica is! What did she think of the portrait?? I bet she smiled from ear to ear. :o)

German? Wow you are multi talented! Is it hard to sing in German? Can you speak it too? (Is that the same?? haha)

I hope you have lots of fun on your Costa Rica trip and have lots of inspiration for beautiful paintings.

What is your favorite thing to paint and/or draw??

Gail H. Shelton said...

I am sure Jessica will love her portrait...I haven't sent it to them yet, but will soon.
I was lucky to get to take German in high school with a teacher from Germany! So, at least I can pronounce the words...now, if I can just hit all the notes.
I have several favorite things to draw and paint..I love animals, flowers, and children. But I enjoy doing lots of different subjects; I don't want to limit my work to any one thing.
Thanks for viewing the blog, appreciate your support.