Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Playing Around



These are a couple of photos I took in Charleston, SC a couple of years ago.
I have been playing around with them on the computer, and I like how
they look. I would like to paint or draw them; I have a couple of shows coming
up, and they would make a nice pair of show pieces....will keep
playing with them.


I have been reading a book today by Jean Grastorf called
"Pouring Light: Layering Transparent Watercolor". She has a fascinating
method of pouring the watercolor paint onto her paper. She does very
intricate and complicated subjects, and works the whole composition out
first. And then she masks areas of the painting and pours in layers
of gradual intensity...very different from anything I have ever tried.
I might play around with the technique on these two...keep you posted.

No comments: