Saturday, August 8, 2009

Home for Showtime








I am back from Atlanta, GA. And tonight was the opening
reception for the Natchitoches Art Guild Show in Natchitoches,
LA. That is me beside my entry: "All That Jazz" (it didn't win
anything). Anyway, the other drawing is by my friend, Michael
Graham. It is colored pencil on canvas...a very neat technique.
(it didn't win either...). The man beside the little basket is Charlie
Viers. He was my biology teacher in college. He is retired now,
and makes the pine straw baskets. His "Rainbow Basket" won
in the 3 dimensional category. He was very proud.
The juror, M. Douglas Walton, is also pictured. He is from Ruston,
and is a well known watercolor painter. He teaches workshops,
and also does travel workshops all over the world. You can see
some of his work on his website.

No comments: