Saturday, April 10, 2010

Colored Pencil Stars



I have spent all evening preparing these images and an
artist's statement for an upcoming publication. I was
informed by Vera Curnow, the founder of the Colored
Pencil Society, that all the signature members are going
to be included in the CPSA Signature Showcase book to
be published this summer. I feel very honored, and I am
excited to be included in such a publication. I selected these
two pieces:
"Girl's Day Out"...the three female mallards in the swirling
water. This piece launched my professional career, and has
been very good to me.
"What Goes Around, Comes Around" these colorful pinwheels
were included in the international exhibition of the CPSA in
Chicago a few years ago.
I was also busy today taking photos in Shreveport of the garden
where I will be painting in two weeks. It is lovely, and I will try
to post some pics of it as well. busy....just the way I like it!
www.cpsa.org for more info on colored pencil

2 comments:

Lisa and Jason said...

How cool! Congrats!

Gail H. Shelton said...

thanks Lisa! Welcome to the blog; I love having new followers. I hope you find some humor, some inspiration, some insight. All the best, Gail