Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Too Many Hats




It is the start of the spring show season in the
art world. And even though I am actively pursuing
the licensing angle with my art, I am a fine artist
at heart. And I have so many good pieces that I
just can't help entering them in a couple of shows.
So, this one went out today. "All That Jazz" is a
colored pencil drawing and it is now entered in this
show out in Texas. The juror is Marileigh Schulte
from Rancho Santa Fe in California. She enjoys
figurative work in an impressionistic style, and likes
dramatic light and deep rich color. So, I thought
this piece would grab her attention. Hopefully
she will select it for the show.
I am busy finishing up my presentation for
the Greek evening this Saturday, and I am
teaching a watercolor on canvas workshop in
the morning at my studio! whew... it will be
time to rest on Sunday for sure!

No comments: