Thursday, July 26, 2012

Birds, Fish, and a Tiger

Blue Heron photo, framed and ready for pick up

Seafood label with weathered wood frame

Added hook?

Or add a lure?

Tiger Print to be given away next Friday

This is a very eclectic blog post.  I usually try to have a theme, or at least limit
the post to some related pieces.  But I had all these images on my camera today,
and decided to post them all.
1. Blue Heron   I sold this photograph last week, and I finished framing it today.
It is one of the photos I took in the swamp last spring while on the swamp tour on Lake Martin.

2.  Fishing box label:  A friend wanted me to do something with this label for her son.
I had the beaded board with some of the chipped green paint, so I made the
wooden border.  She is coming to look at it tomorrow, and will decide if it needs
the hook and /or the old lure.  I just thought it needed something else.

3.  And the Tiger Print:  Our town in starting a new local business promotion next week
called "Local Business First Fridays".  Each first Friday of the month, all the
participating businesses will do something special in their store for the
customers...sales, special discounts, giveaways, etc.  We have decided to
give this tiger print away.  You have to come in the store to register on that
Friday (once per customer), and your name will go in the hat.  We will draw
out a winning name at 5:00 on Friday afternoon., and will call the winner!
The framed print is 16 x 20, and it is a print of the recent colored pencil drawing
that I drew of Mike the Tiger from LSU, swimming in his compound.  The original
drawing is currently in Kentucky, and will be in the CPSA exhibit that will open
next Saturday night. 

So, there is part of what I did today.  I hope some of you can make it by
next Friday to take a chance on the tiger print.  I would love for
a blog follower to win!

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: