Friday, July 6, 2007

Today's image


I am an artist, and I try to paint or draw everyday. I operate my own gallery, which also houses a gift and antique mall, and a cafe.

I travel several times a year, and paint during the trips. This year I journeyed down to Key West and enjoyed the easy lifestyle, charming architecture, and vibrant colors of island life. I also ventured to Alaska aboard an inside passage cruise, and enjoyed a real change of scenery and temperature. From the damp, lush seacoast to the ice-blue glaciers to the vistas of Denali National Park, there were subjects to paint everywhere.

I will do a show later this year with artwork depicting both wonderful destinations. The show will be titled, "Palms to Pines" and will feature watercolors, colored pencil and pencil drawings, pastels and photographs.

I am trying to paint everyday, and as a motivation, I am going to try to post my daily efforts on this blog.

The images will all be for sale, and I would love any feedback you might have about the art, the detinations, etc. You can email me at sheltongail@hotmail.com Thanks, Gail
Original Watercolor 5 x 7 $35.00 SOLD

No comments: