Friday, July 27, 2007

Talkeetna Alaska

One of my favorite little places in Alaska was Talkeetna. It is
a tiny village where you board the Alaska Railroad. It was
kinda touristy, but very charming. They had decorated
metal moose up and down the mainstreet, which I loved,
since in my little town, we decorate pigs. (I'll explain another
time). There was also a beautiful river on the edge of
town with a great view of Mt. McKinley in the distance.
The water in the river was from the glacier, and it looks
greyish green, very cloudy. They told us that the
glaciers accumulate sand and silt that gets carried into
the rivers. I did reach down and feel the water, and it
was ice cold.
I will be painting more of Talkeetna in the next couple of days.

Original Ink and Watercolor 5 x 7 $25.00

No comments: