Sunday, July 8, 2007

A Day in Key West


I had always wanted to go all the way down to the southernmost tip of the United States. I had seen photographs of that highway stretching across the water on its way to the Keys, and it fascinated me. I finally had the opportunity this past spring, and I flew to Ft. Lauderdale and met my daughter. We started on our way, winding through the hustle and bustle of Miami, and then trekking our way down that famous highway. There were lots of small islands along the way, and stretches across the turquoise water. It is only a two lane road, with lots of local traffic, and it took us almost five hours to arrive in Key West. The island was filled with lots of Victorian houses, palm trees, bicycles, and tourists. This cafe was down by the harbor, and filled with happy people. It is just one of the paintings I will do of this charming little island.
Original Ink and Watercolor 8 x 6 $35.00 SOLD

No comments: