Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A New York Minute





I just spent a few days in New York City, celebrating our
August birthdays with my daughter and some of our friends.  But
I always have my camera along, and I couldn't help but take a few pics!
The lantern was on a building on 5th Avenue; the bicycles are part of the
cities' effort to get people riding; Grand Central Station; and the last one
is a monument in the American Express building in memory of
the employees they lost in 9/11.  The large crystal hangs from the ceiling,
and perpetual tears fall into the water.  Their names are engraved
along the edge.  It was very moving. 

A couple of our friends had never been to NYC before, so we
enjoyed showing them all the "touristy" sites.  Everyone had a great time.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: