Saturday, April 26, 2014

Painting in the Garden

My watercolor and the pot of flowers that inspired it

Dutch iris with their matching watercolor

The backyard


The location on the Trails and Trellises Garden Tour in Minden
where I was assigned to paint.

I sat on that bench, and did my thing.

And a lemon tree with my little
watercolor!

Trails and Trellises

I spent the day in Minden, Louisiana today at the garden tour.  I was asked
to come and participate again by painting on location in one of
the gardens on the tour.  It was a beautiful day, and I left early to
make the hour and a half drive to the city of Minden in north Louisiana.
The home was lovely, and I found the perfect spot on a comfortable bench.
I set up all my painting gear, and managed to do several little watercolors of
what I could see around me.  I got to visit with lots of people as they came
through, admiring the plants and garden features. It was a fun and relaxing day.
And I have some really pretty photos of flowers to use as references for future
artwork...great deal!

sheltongail@hotmail.com 

No comments: