Thursday, July 24, 2014

Whatever Floats your Boat







Here are a few shots from the islands.  We were on the cruise ship "Legend".
It had four decks, about the size of the one we traveled down the Yangtze river
on.  It held 100 passengers and 50 crew members.
We were tendered to the islands on the Zodiac boats.
The large black birds are frigates...they followed our boat whenever we
were under way...hoping for a handout I think.
And that is a Galapagos penguin swimming with us as we
snorkeled.  This was the first time I used the new little underwater camera.
It took a little getting used to...especially as I was floating among the waves
in a wet suit, and trying to hold it still!!

I am home now, and able to reflect on the wonderful experience.  As I
was describing it to my husband last night, he said, "It sounds like Eden", and
I said "Yes, that's it!!"  It is like a paradise...beautiful scenery, and
amazing wildlife, willing to pose for your photo.  It was certainly
different from anywhere I have ever been.  I am so lucky and blessed to have
been able to see it for myself.

sheltongail@hotmail.com

No comments: