Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Nuts and Bolts

Airfloat Box for shipping

The drawing ready to be shipped

<><>
On his way to Kentucky

I didn't know if I mentioned that this colored pencil drawing was accepted into the CPSA International Show, being held in Covington, KY this year.  I was in the process of shipping it today, and thought some of you might be interested in the nuts and
bolts.
First of all, I had to mat and frame the drawing.  The mats have to be white or off white so that the show looks uniform.  The framing must be unobtrusive, plain and simple.
Since I do my own custom framing, I ordered the mat and frame.  It had to be under plexiglass, however, and I have to get that locally from the glass supplier, who cuts it to size for me.
Once framed, I ordered the special box from Airfloat Systems, a manufacturer that specializes in art shipping crates.  They come with the 3 layers of foam that are perforated, so you can punch out the desired size, and the artwork
"floats" inside the box.  If you need a re-usable shipping box, they are great!
Now, to FedEx where it will be shipped to arrive next week.  The exhibition director will have someone to uncrate, catalog, judge, and then hang the exhibit.  I plan to attend this year, and see all the other wonderful work that made it into the show.
I bet you never knew what it takes to get the art to a national juried show.  Well, now you do!  There is a lot involved, and I have been doing it for a long time.
It can be very rewarding, and it is quite an honor to be among
some of the best from time to time.

sheltongail@hotmail.com


Airfloat Systems  Mississippi
www.cpsa.org


.

No comments: