Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snowmen and Vanilla Cupcake








"I will honor Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year."
Dickens
I have been decorating, as I know many of you have
been! Tonight I have been getting out some of the
snowman collection, and decided to share a couple.
The little snowman with his bluebird friend are made
out of sculpey (I made them as a demo when I was
teaching). The clay pot candle holder is another
school project; this one was made by my daughter,
and I still love it. It is a clay pot turned upside down,
and painted with acrylic paint. The saucer is also
painted and glued to the pot as his hat, and we added
some craft snow on the edges. The white candle sits
atop his hat. And the tall metal one was a gift from my
daughter. He is made from sheet metal, metal rods,
and nuts and bolts, and is quite comical.
I don't really burn a lot of candles, but at Christmas,
I seem to enjoy them. And this one, a Vanilla Cupcake
scent, is absolutely scrumptious. It was burning last
night when my husband got home, and he asked what
I had been baking?! It makes the room smell like
sugar cookies, or I guess, vanilla cupcakes...yum.
If you come across one, snatch it up, and enjoy!
(I found this one at Walmart!)
gail shelton art


No comments: