Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Photographic Interpretation: Peru Flower Pot

Pretty pot of flowers down in Peru

Work in progress: colored pencil on canvas board

The finished piece

I started working on this little piece this morning.  The
photograph was taken during my trip to Peru. 
I wanted to play around with the techniques
that I learned from my last workshop....
colored pencil and gamsol on watercolor canvas board. 
I started drawing with the pencils, and used the gamsol to soften
them.  I didn't like how that was going, so I added some
watercolor on top of the colored pencil.  And then finally, I used
some acrylic paint to add the small white baby's breath flowers,
 and a few details here and there.

So, it ended up "a little of this, a little of that". 
But it turned out ok.
I will include it with the Peru art show in the gallery
that is going up soon.

sheltongail@hotmail.com
"Peru Flower Pot" 
8 x 10 Canvas   Mixed Media
$100

No comments: