Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Perseverance



I have been looking into licensing some of
my artwork, that is selling the rights to some
of my work to be reproduced on tableware,
flags, gift bags, etc. This is one of the designs
I have been playing with. I am working on a
stripe and a ladybug design to pair with this.
One of the reasons I am looking into this is
financial. I don't have to tell any of you that
things are getting really slow, especially around
here. I learned this week that one of our businesses
in town is closing, two others are for sale, and some
friends with a gallery in Alexandria have closed as
well. It is scary. I really need another source of
income for my shop besides just the local support,
as loyal and appreciated as it is. I know things are
tight, and certainly eating out at lunch, and buying
art are not exactly high on every body's list. We
will survive, but it would be nice to receive some
extra outside help.


No comments: